False statements about Bean. Moseley still on dole, Davis away game deal

4/3/2012: In a previous post I said that Provost Bean was being paid 60% of his administrative salary and a BMW while he was on a sabbatical to do research in his field of genetic algorithms and operations research.

My statements were false. Bean is not getting a Beamer while on sabbatical, and he is not getting 60% of his salary. He’s getting 75%, or $241,605, plus travel expenses to meet with old friends still active in the field.

Bean’s friend and Special Assistant to the Provost John Moseley is still on the dole too. I thought Lariviere ended that deal when he got UO out of Bend. Apparently Lorraine Davis has seen fit to keep it going:

And of course she’s got a deal of her own: free tickets and travel to away games, for the whole family. What can you say about these people? They are shameless.

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to False statements about Bean. Moseley still on dole, Davis away game deal

1. Anonymous says:

I have a sabbatical coming up. Im thinking of copying some of Jim’s language and asking for the 75% treatment. I’ll leave of the car subsidy, because that would be crazy.

2. Anonymous says:

Huh? I thought the OARs provide the matrix of salary for duration of sabbatical and that a 12 month sabbatical = 60% pay. Shorter sabbaticals can get more. Isn’t Bean on a 12-month plan?

3. Anonymous says:

One of the funniest things in that file is the proposed reduction in cell phone stipend for the athletic department to bring it in line with the rest of the campus. The proposal also includes a request to increase base pay to offset the stipend reduction! What a shell game!

4. Anonymous says:

Maybe he’s been more productive than he’d predicted, and he didn’t need the full 12 months to accomplish his research goals, so he cut the sabbatical back to 9 months? Or maybe he figured out another way to scam us.

5. Anonymous says:

shameless is the word…while Classified Staff are taking furloughs a 3% cut in pay.

6. Anonymous says:

At some point this has got to be prosecutable as theft.

7. Anonymous says:

Berdahl is letting this go on unchecked?

8. Anonymous says:

This pisses me off. I’d like to see something on campus named after bean, just so this corruption us not forgotten. Jim would love it, and not be any wiser, everyone else on campus knowing the true purpose. (jim, you’re not reading this blog, right?)

9. Anonymous says:

This is really a silly attack on Lorraine Davis. The state board wants her family to attend many social functions, including out of town. In other words, schmooze other people, mostly couples I suppose, hang around with a bunch of academics, and rich people they’re trying to separate from their money, and pols, and I suppose even the State Board. Yes, Mr. Davis gets the privilege of spending his free time that way. I’m sure it must be a thrilling prospect. Lorraine, can I fill in for Mr. D? And I’ll even do it if you only cover half my expenses. Please!

10. Anonymous says:

And as for Moseley — what does he actually do? For all I know, he may be worth, but I have no way to tell.