The Senate did its job today. Actions added below.
DRAFT (updated 1/30 and 1/29 regarding the sexual relationships policy and Teaching Evals disclaimer language)
Location: EMU 145 & 146 (Crater Lake rooms)
3:00 – 5:00 P.M.
3:00 P.M. Call to order
- Introductory Remarks; Senate President Bill Harbaugh
3:15 PM Approval of Minutes
- October 3, 2018
- November 14, 2018
- November 28, 2018
- January 16, 2019
3:20 PM Business/ Reports:
- Discussion: US18/19-06: New Program Proposal: Ph.D. in Ethnic Studies; Lynn Fujiwara (ES), Ernesto Martinez (ES), Laura Pulido (ES) and Lara Bovilsky (Grad Council)
Great presentation, passed unanimously
- Vote: US18/19-07: Conflicts of Interest and Abuses of Power: Sexual, Physically Intimate, or Romantic Relationships with Students; Sonja Boos (German & Scandinavian), Jessica Price (General Counsel’s Office). NOTE from Senate Pres: This policy was given to the Senate by the CSGBV at our Jan 16th meeting. The text of that version of the policy is here. CSGBV co-chairs Sonja Boos and Ib Gassama have been working with senators and CSGBV members on new language to incorporate issues raised in the Senate discussion. That revised version is here. At the Senate meeting I will ask for a motion to substitute it by amendment, so that we can proceed to debate this revised version, and consider any additional amendments from the floor.
After an extensive debate, a revised version passed with 2 opposed.
- [SUSPENSION OF RULES] Teaching Evals Disclaimer Language; Bill Harbaugh
- Discussion: Carol Gering, New VP for Online & Distance Education
Held over for a future meeting.
- Vote: US18/19-05: Changes to Department Honors Process; Ron Bramhall
- Discussion: Process for new program approval when course approvals are pending; Frances White
- Oregon Legislative updates; Melanie Muenzer
We were updated.
4:55 PM Open Discussion
4:56 PM Reports
4:57 PM Notice(s) of Motion
- Academic Continuity Plan; Frances White
To be discussed at the Feb 13th meeting.
4:54 PM Other Business
5:00 PM Adjourn to the Faculty Club
Adjourned a minute or two early.