SENATE MEETING AGENDA
3:00 – 5:00 P.M. Location: EMU 145 & 146 (Crater Lake rooms) Livestream here.
3:00 P.M. Call to order
- Introductory Remarks; Senate President Bill Harbaugh
- University update: President Mike Schill
3:29 PM Approval of Minutes
- October 3, 2018, November 14, 201, November 28, 2018 not yet available, see links below for others.
- January 16, 2019
- January 30, 2019
3:30 PM Business/ Reports:
- Discussion: CAS Reorganization task force; Karen Ford (3:30) Task force info here.
- Discussion: US18/19-11: Requiring CANVAS for Core Education courses; Chris Sinclair. (Briefly: “At a minimum, the LMS site for a core ed class shall include information about what requirements the course satisfies, any Methods of Inquiry covered by the course, a course syllabus, any significant assessments, and students’ current performance in the course.”)
- Discussion: US18/19-10: Academic Continuity Plan policy proposal; Frances White (Anth), Scott Pratt (Exec Vice Provost). (The need for such a policy became apparent during the Dec 2014 GTFF strike when there was a certain amount of chaos about who was responsible for assigning grades etc. However this policy is also designed to apply in the event of an earthquake, etc. It establishes “emergency grades”, gives the surviving members of the Senate’s Academic Council authority to decide when they can be used, and lays out how and if they can be replaced with regular grades.)
- Vote: US18/19-09: Process of Undergraduate and Graduate Council approval when courses are not finalized; Frances White. (Discussed this last meeting, I don’t believe it is controversial.)
4:49 PM Open Discussion
4:50 PM Reports
- Oregon Legislative updates: Robert Garral OtP.
4:58 PM Notice(s) of Motion
4:59 PM Other Business
5:00 PM Adjourn to Faculty Club, all invited!