Update: UO to start using 2-factor identification, someday. No word on whether they’re also going to make me change the duckweb password I’ve used for assigning grades and direct payroll deposit since 1995.
Town Hall today at 1 in the Knight browsing room. Thanks to an anonymous reader for forwarding:
From: Jessie Minton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: May 24, 2019 at 5:00:41 PM PDT
To: “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: [IT-Pros] CASIT and CMET to join Information Services
Two UO IT groups, CASIT and CMET, will be joining Information Services. Initial work to transfer all staff and open positions to IS has started, with in-depth work beginning in June.
These changes do not signal a shift in how Transform IT’s User Support Services (USS) implementation will occur. USS will continue to take a service-based principles approach with all campus IT services, including those provided by CAS, CMET, and Information Services.
A draft of the transition plan lists the following changes:
- Ben Brinkley reports to Noreen Hogan, and Loring Hummel, along with the web services team, continue to report to Ben Brinkley. CMET’s Canvas and LMS administrators will also report to Ben Brinkley.
- CMET’s audio/visual design and engineering team will report to Andy Vaughn in the Technology Infrastructure team.
- Sam Crow’s CASIT support team reports to Patrick Chinn.
- Chad Little (CASIT computer lab management) and Tyrone Russ (CASIT buyer) will report to Sara Stubbs. CMET’s video production team and classroom technologist will also report to Sara Stubbs.
- Liz Pehaim (CASIT account technician) will join Information Services’ business team.
I will present the upcoming User Support Services implementation project at a town hall on Transform IT on Tuesday, May 28, at 1:00 p.m. in the Knight Library Browsing Room. (The event will also be available via streaming for Portland staff in White Stag 150.) I will share the vision for the USS implementation project and touch on how the transitions will happen. This event will be a great opportunity for anyone to ask questions. If you prefer sending in a question ahead of time, please email it to email@example.com.
I want to take the time to note that these changes are designed to strengthen the work, the collaboration, and the university. We will continue to work with our partners across campus to provide excellent service. Take care and I look forward to connecting with everyone soon.
Jessie Minton | Vice Provost & Chief Information Officer firstname.lastname@example.org