7/27/2010: With some help we are now digging into “The Delta Project on Postsecondary Education Costs” data mentioned earlier. The comparisons between UO and other schools are pretty shocking. This is not just a case of too little money – it’s what we spend the money on. Hint: it’s not teaching and research. UO badly needs a thorough reappraisal of its spending priorities – but from what we can see, Frances Dyke is still in charge. $2.4 million on Johnson Hall remodeling and a bunch of new Assistant VP’s of this and that is not going to help UO stay in the AAU.
NOTE: Thumbs up/down on comments has been disabled due to misuse by PR Flack supporters. Sorry!
No recent comment found.
TagsAAUP-AFT Union? Academic Freedom administrative bloat Athletics athletics subsidy Beangrams Coronavirus Dana Altman Dave Frohnmayer: UO President Diversity Faculty pay Faculty Union (United Academics of UO) free speech Jamie Moffitt Jim Bean: UO Provost Jim O'Fallon jock box Lariviere Firing Lorraine Davis March 8-9 rape allegations Melinda Grier Michael Gottfredson NCAA NCAA violations new partnership plan off topic OUS Board and Chancellor Pernsteiner PERS Public Records Public Safety Randy Geller General Counsel Research money Richard Lariviere: UO President Rob Mullens Scott Coltrane Senate Sharon Rudnick Tim Gleason Track and Field Championships Uncategorized UO Foundation UO Presidential Archives UO restructuring plan UO Trustees
- [Secret] Provost candidate #1 is James Antony 02/20/2024
- UO Senate’s action to kill numerical student course evaluations now part of a national movement 02/09/2024
- Pres Scholz to bring 4 provost candidates to campus for our inspection 02/07/2024
- OSU hits up state taxpayers for big-time Beaver sports bailouts 02/07/2024
- Union delivers another goat! 01/26/2024
- VP for Enrollment Roger Thompson finalist for Missouri State Prez job 01/19/2024
- President Scholz to deliver remarks from a secure offsite location 01/18/2024
- Around the 0’s well-paid PR flacks write Senator Dembrow and your unions out of history. 01/17/2024
- Admins and Grad Students reach tentative agreement 01/16/2024
- Why isn’t President Scholz taking responsibility for the UO administration’s GTFF pay offers? 01/12/2024
- Faculty Union hopes for a disruptive and brief GTFF strike 01/09/2024
- UO’s Academic Council to meet again on strike planning – 2PM today 01/08/2024
- “GEs at UO would earn more than the average minimum take-home pay rate of public AAU institutions …” 01/08/2024
- Academic Council will hold public meeting before the term starts, to approve their once secret Strike Plan 01/02/2024
- I wonder how big a buy-out she got? 01/02/2024
- Harvard’s PR Flacks blame Harvard’s Lawyers 12/29/2023
- Good news for bad UO administrators and local pols! 12/28/2023
- First, lets replace all the lawyers with AI 12/22/2023
- An economist boards a plane and … 12/14/2023
- Are you rooting for Phil Knight’s Ducks or Jerry Falwell’s Liberty U? 12/14/2023
No recent comment found.