Location: EMU 145 & 146 (Crater Lake rooms)
3:00 – 5:00 P.M.
All times are estimates.
3:00 P.M. Call to order
- University update; Provost Banavar
- Introductory Remarks; Senate Pres Harbaugh
- Senate committee review report; Senate VP Skowron
3:30 PM Approval of Minutes
- February 13, 2019 and April 10, 2019
3:31 PM Business/ Reports:
- Update: CAS Task Force working groups; Senator Elliot Berkman
- Teaching Evals motion update: Senate Pres Harbaugh
- Discussion and Vote: US18/19-10: Academic Continuity Plan policy proposal(REDLINE and CLEAN drafts, unchanged from 4/10); Frances White (CoC). Memo from UO General Counsel’s office on Presidential Authority and the ACP here.
- Discussion: US18/19-15: New Program Proposal – Ph.D. in PPPM; Rich Margerum (PPPM Head of School)
- (~4:15?) Discussion of US18/19-16: Supporting the Other Academic Units and Requesting More Equitable Expenditure Reductions; Senator Ed Davis (Museum of Natural and Cultural History). Note: A vote on this resolution at this meeting will require a 2/3 vote to suspend the rules.
- Senate VP Elections: solicitation of self-nominees, election process, compensation; Senate Pres Bill Harbaugh
4:50 PM Open Discussion
4:51 PM Other Reports
- Legislative update; Robert Garral (OtP)
4:58 PM Notice(s) of Motion
- Core Ed Distribution Requirements; Senator Chris Sinclair
4:59 PM Other Business
5:00 PM Adjourn to Faculty Club, all invited!