9/12/2011: Nominations are closed, voting is open and so are the comments.
9/9/2011: Provost Jim Bean announced yesterday he will step down for one year, for health related reasons. Greg Bolt story here. We wish our provost a speedy recovery. We will need an interim provost until he returns.
I’m no history professor, but Abraham Lincoln famously said that his election, by his peers, as militia captain in the Black Hawk War was “a success which gave me more pleasure than any I have had since.”
In that spirit, UO Matters would like to announce an election for the position of interim UO Provost. Candidates so far:
- Brad Shelton, Budget model guy
- Dave Hubin, Pres Office
- Michael Redding, Pres Office
- Barbara Altmann, Hum Center
- Scott Coltrane, CAS Dean
- Kim Espy, new VP for Research
- Robin Holmes, Student Affairs
- Charles Martinez, OIED and OSLC
- Holly GoSlugly, Eugene Slug Queen
- Russ Tomlin, Academic Affairs
- Francis Dyke, Finance and Admin
- Michael Moffit, Law Dean
- Mike Bullis, Ed School Dean
- David Frank, Honors College Dean
- Lorraine Davis, Athletic department
- Frances Bronet, AAA Dean
- Tim Gleason, Journalism
- Wendy Larson, Portland
- Dave Frohnmayer, Harrang, Long etc.
- John Moseley, Deschutes River Lodges
- Frog, 13th and Kincaid
Nominations will be accepted in the comments until Monday, when voting begins.