UO Board Secretary Angela Wilhelms has buried the agendas in pdf’s, to make it hard to see what our board is up to. I’ve reformatted them as html below. Among the items that our board will not be discussing in public:
- UO’s current budget crisis and administrative bloat
- UO’s future budget crisis and demographic cliff
- Upcoming search to replace Pres Mike Schill
- Legislative distrust of UO and resulting lack of state funding
- IAAF 2021 subsidies
- Upcoming Duck athletic scandals
- Ducks by 6 points, watch party Saturday in Schill’s $350K Autzen skybox
- Cost of football concussion insurance
All meetings in the UO-Portland Naito Building, Room 136, first floor to the left.
Academic and Student Affairs Committee — September 5, 2019. 10:00 a.m.
Provost’s Quarterly Report
1. Student Success Initiatives Semi-Annual Report: Kevin Marbury, Vice President for Student Life; Sarah Nutter, Dean of the Lundquist College of Business; Julia Pomerenk, Assistant Vice President and Registrar; and Doneka Scott, Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and Student Success.
2. Accreditation Update – Learning Outcomes: Ron Bramhall, Associate Vice Provost for Academic Excellence; Chuck Triplett, Associate Vice President for Academic Infrastructure
3. University Leadership and Faculty Development Initiatives: Sierra Dawson, Associate Vice Provost for Academic Affairs
Anticipated Recess for Lunch
4. Research Enterprise Annual Report: David Conover, Vice President for Research and Innovation
5. Academic Area in Focus – Urbanism Next: Nico Larco, professor of Architecture, and Becky Steckler, program manager
Executive and Audit Committee — September 5, 2019. 3:00 p.m.
1. FY19 Year End Audit Report and Quarterly Report: Amy Smith, Interim Chief Auditor
2. Chief Auditor Search Plan and Update: Greg Stripp, Chief of Staff and Senior Advisor to the President
Finance and Facilities Committee — September 6, 2019. 8:30 a.m.
1. Quarterly Financial Reports: Jamie Moffitt, Vice President for Finance and Administration and CFO
2. FY20 Budget and Expenditure Authority Authorization (Action): Jamie Moffitt, Vice President for Finance and Administration and CFO
3. Naming of the Black Cultural Center (Action): Kevin Marbury, Vice President for Student Life
4. Housing Transformation Capital Project – Authorization for Project Expenditures (Action): Roger Thompson, Vice President for Student Services and Enrollment Management; Michael Griffel, Assistant Vice President and Director of University Housing
5. Oregon Acoustics Research Laboratory Capital Project – Authorization for Project Expenditures (Action): Kevin Van Den Wymelenberg, Professor of Architecture
6. Annual Retirement Plan Report: Jamie Moffitt, Vice President for Finance and Administration and CFO
Meeting of the Board — September 6, 2019 10:30 AM
– Public comment
1. ASUO and University Senate Reports
-ASUO President Sabinna Pierre
-University Senate President Elizabeth Skowron
2. President’s Report
3. Resolutions from Committee (pending September 6 committee action)
-Seconded Motion from FFC: Black Cultural Center Naming
-Seconded Motion from FFC: University Housing Project
-Seconded Motion from FFC: Oregon Acoustics Research Laboratory
-Seconded Motion from FFC: FY20 Expenditure Authorizations
4. Knight Campus Semi-Annual Report: Bob Guldberg, Vice President and Executive Director of the Knight Campus
5. Executive Session Regarding Collective Bargaining: Missy Matella, Senior Director of Employee and Labor Relations; Peter Fehrs, Associate Director of Employee and Labor Relations. The Board of Trustees will meet in executive session pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(d) for purposes of conducting deliberations regarding labor negotiations. This session is closed to members of the public
and the media.