Location: EMU 145 & 146 (Crater Lake rooms)
3:00 – 5:00 P.M.
3:00 P.M. Call to order
- Introductory Remarks; Senate President Bill Harbaugh
3:15 PM Approval of Minutes
- February 13, 2019 and May 8, 2019
3:16 PM Business / Reports:
- Deactivation of Ombuds committee; Heather Quarles (RL) – see https://ombuds.uoregon.edu/what-does-ombuds-program-do
- Report: Faculty Personnel Committee; Jack Boss (Music)
- Report: Online Education; Carol Gering (around 3:45) – see https://online.uoregon.edu/
- Report: Potential CAS reorg task force; Karen Ford – see https://provost.uoregon.edu/task-force-structure-college-arts-and-sciences
- Vote: US18/19-18: Enhancing Engagement in Academic Governance; Elizabeth Skowron (Psychology, Senate VP)
- Vote: US18/19-19: Core Ed Distribution Requirements; Chris Sinclair (Mathematics) Current draft at https://cpb-us-e1.wpmucdn.com/blogs.uoregon.edu/dist/9/13250/files/2019/05/Copy-of-General-Limitations-for-Bachelor%E2%80%99s-Degrees_revised-motion_May-20-19.pdf
- Discuss/postpone: US18/19-20: Policy on Hiring and Promotion of Academic Administrators; Bill Harbaugh (Economics, Senate President.
- Senate VP Elections: solicitation of self-nominees, election process, compensation; Elizabeth Skowron (Psychology, Senate Vice President). See compensation page at https://president.uoregon.edu/university-senate
- Legislative Update; Melanie Muenzer (Assoc VP Vice Provost of Academic Initiatives)
4:42 PM Open Discussion
4:43 PM Other Reports
4:44 PM Notice(s) of Motion
4:45 PM Other Business
- Executive Session: Awards
5:00 PM Adjourn to Faculty Club, all invited!