I’m thinking this is not quite what Pres Schill had in mind when he spent ~$100K on lectures to promote free speech. The Daily Emerald’s Ryan Nguyen and Michael Tobin have the report here:
The University of Oregon Phi Kappa Psi chapter has been temporarily suspended after a defamatory document printed with the fraternity’s name and the names of many of its members’ surfaced.
The 32-page document, which the Emerald obtained on Sunday, contains a list of the names of UO Phi Kappa Psi members followed by questions for each member. The questions contain anti-gay slurs, rape jokes, references to illegal drug use and derogatory language directed at women. The front page is labeled “Brothers of Phi Kappa Psi.” …
UO’s investigation will include interviews with a random sample of new and current fraternity members, said assistant Dean of Students Marcus Langford. Using that information, a third-party investigator and the university will determine whether the chapter violated the UO Student Conduct Code.
The Emerald story includes a link to the document, albeit with the names redacted. Some excerpts:
- “I hear you’re a Patriots fan, Are you actually from New England or are you just a fag?”
- “Do you fuck 2s every weekend to convince yourself that you’re not gay?”
- “what’s up faggot? Who have you gotten more nuts from this year, twitter sluts or your girlfriend?”
- “Does a girl run your snapchat account or are you really that gay?”
- “What’s it like to lose your girl to a bisexual male cheerleader?”
- “Did [redacted] actually rape you or are you too embarrassed to admit that you willingly fucked her?”
- “Do you enjoy banging 3s or are you just too blind to tell that they’re beat?”
- “How many times have you had to expand your tinder radius to find a new whore to fuck?”
- “Can i have your sisters phone number? She’s just so fucking hot. How do you think she’d look on my dorm bed?”
- Do you get blacked out so often so the the 4’s you hook up with seem hotter?
- “How many schools have you shot up?”
- “How many copies of Mein Kampf do you own?”
- “What’s higher, your grade point average or the points of molly you take at parties?”
- “Can you go one week without doing something utterly retarded?”
- “Who’s a softer pledge master, you or [name redacted]?”
All evidence for a powerful but sometimes unappreciated argument for campus free speech – it helps people understand just what they’re up against.