Plague, fighting in the streets, the sky is burning, football players threatening to strike, staff layoffs, faculty and OA pay cuts, our contagious students are coming back en masse, and to top it off the quarterly meeting of UO’s Board of Trustees.
The meeting materials are here – posted 2 days before the meeting. Not that the trustees read them. I haven’t either. If you see something, say something:
Board of Trustees
September 10, 2020 | 8:30 a.m. PT
Due to current orders regarding campus operations and social distancing, the meeting will be held remotely with a livestream broadcast and telephone conference options available for members of the public. That information is available at: https://trustees.uoregon.edu/meetings. Convene Public Meeting
- Call to order and verification of a quorum
- Approval of minutes from June 4, June 24 and August 27 full board meetings
- ASUO President and University Senate President Reports. Isaiah Boyd, ASUO President; Elliot Berkman, Professor of Psychology and University Senate President
- President and Provost Reports. Michael Schill, President; Patrick Phillips, Provost and Senior Vice President
- COVID-19 Impacts, Planning and Operations. Andre Le Duc, Associate Vice President and Chief Resilience Officer
- University Finances. Jamie Moffitt, Vice President for Finance and Administration and CFO
- Student Crisis Funds. Kris Winter, Associate Vice President and Dean of Students; Jim Brooks, Associate Vice President and Director of Financial Aid
Meeting Recessed Until 1:00 p.m. PT
- Student Mental Health and Services. Deb Beck, Assistant Vice President and Executive Director of University Health Services; Shelly Kerr, Director of the University Counseling Center; Kris Winter, Associate Vice President and Dean of Students
- Student Success Initiatives Semi-Annual Report. Yvette Alex-Assensoh, Vice President for Equity and Inclusion; Sung-Woo Cho, Research Associate Professor, College of Education; Doneka Scott,
Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education and Student Success
- UOPD Budget and Operations. Matt Carmichael, Chief of Police
- Presidential Evaluation Summary Report. Chuck Lillis, Chair
Meanwhile the OSU Board has distributed meeting materials 9 days in advance of their meeting, and allows public comments before each agenda item:
Board Meeting – 09/17/2020
The Oregon State University Board of Trustees will meet on Thursday, Sept. 17, to consider the issuance of OSU revenue bonds and an adjustment to the Cordley Hall capital project budget. The board also will receive updates on the university’s COVID-19 planning and response efforts, budget and public safety program.
Given current COVID-19 guidance from the Governor’s Office, as well as university and county health officials, the meeting will be hosted through a remote conferencing service. The meeting is open to the public and will take place from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The meeting agenda, options for joining the meeting, and instructions for providing comment during the board meeting’s general comment period and in a testimony period held before the board votes on each action item are located on this webpage. Meeting materials will also be posted on this webpage as they are available.AGENDA:
*A separate agenda item is provided for members of the public to comment on topics of interest.
**The public may also sign up to comment prior to Board action on any action item listed on the agenda.
Please note that items may be taken out of order.
- Call to Order/Roll/Declaration of a Quorum (Borkar)
- Public Comments*
- Opening Comments and Reports
- Chair’s Comments (Borkar)
- President’s Report (K. Alexander)
- COVID-19 Response and Planning (Feser, Larson, Dougherty)
- Consent Agenda (Borkar)
- Minutes of the August 14, 2020 Board Meeting
- Action Items*
- Issuance of OSU Revenue Bonds (Bedient, Green, Hesano)
- Capital Project Change to Approved Budget: Cordley Hall (Bedient, Odenthal, Sann)
- Discussion Items
- Budget Update (Green, Bloomer)
- Public Safety Update (Green, C. Alexander, Odenthal)