Apparently earlier speakers went over time with their charts – who could have guessed – so Pres Berkman had to cut this. But don’t worry, $202K AVP Melanie Muenzer promised the Senate that compliance with HB 2864 is a mere technicality. I’d post a video clip of her saying this, but it seems the Senate doesn’t post videos of meetings anymore.
10/29/2020: $270K VP of Equity and Inclusion to lead UO Senate in a discussion of the definition of Cultural Agility – with break-out rooms!
Anything to keep people from asking why the money that could actually make a difference with action is being wasted on window dressing instead.
On the UO Senate agenda for 11/4/2020:
SENATE MEETING AGENDA – NOVEMBER 4, 2020
Location: Zoom (Please find link below the agenda)
3:00 – 5:00 P.M.
3:00 P.M. Call to Order
- Land Acknowledgment; Spike Gildea
- Introductory Remarks; Senate President Elliot Berkman
- Remarks; Senate Vice President & President-Elect Spike Gildea
3:05 P.M. Approval of Minutes
3:05 P.M. State of the University
- President Michael Schill
3:20 P.M. Updates & Announcements
- COVID; Andre Le Duc, Shelly Kerr
- ASUO priorities; Isaiah Boyd
4:00 P.M. New Business
- Student Success; Doneka Scott
- Heritage Project Capital; Hans Bernard, Hal Sadofsky, Harry Wonham, Mike Harwood
4:30 P.M. Open Discussion
- HB2864, Antiracism resolution work plan; Yvette Alex-Assensoh (attachment)
- Break out groups
4:55 P.M. Reports
4:56 P.M. Notices of Motion
- BFA in Dance
4:58 P.M. Other Business
5:00 P.M. Adjourn
Topic: Senate – Nov 2020
Time: Nov 4, 2020 03:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)Join Zoom Meetinghttps://uoregon.zoom.us/j/93760992818