Greetings, Senators and members of the Senate Exec,
The Senate Antiracism Academy wants to hear from you about how our work in this area went this year. When you have a moment, can you please take our 9-item survey? Thank you.
Also, Rehearsals for Life requests feedback on their session from those of us who attended. If you’d like to provide feedback to them, you can do so here
Thanks again for all your engagement with and attention to the Senate this year. It was a pleasure to work with you all. Good luck finishing up the term!

Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to UO Senate surveys members on how its slacktivism efforts affected their comfort level

1. honest Uncle Gangsta says:

The Senate is to be commended for this vitally urgent work. Bold and courageous! It is much needed that they take care for their members’ comfort level.

2. thedude says:

I’ve noticed our provost wasting my time sending me more emails I don’t read and have to delete.

3. honest Uncle Bernie says:

Speaking of comfort level — a bit off-topic and surely not as momentous as the Senate’s Social Justice anti-racist efforts — but is anyone besides me perplexed about why they had to have the campus power outage on the last day when grades are due? Instead, say, one day later? Is it all about track, or something else?

Also, did anyone else find the various communications to be infuriatingly confusing? I found it difficult to ascertain if my power would go off, then today, I wasn’t sure when the outage was over — after the feeder came back on, or at 1:00 pm as originally advertised.

• uomatters says:

As a former electrician (Power and Wind Marine, San Diego) I find it endearing that a mere professor thinks that electricians would schedule work for the convenience of the client. Had to walk up the PLC stairs today, wow am I out of shape.

• honest Uncle Bernie says:

it seems to me the new applied science program — aka Knight Campus — should be supplying us with all the STEM workers we need — most certainly including electricians with their heads screwed on right.

• dtl says:

It is NOT the trade electricians that schedule power outages *or* send out the notices. Look to management at CPFM for that.

4. dtl says:

There was a power outage? it was announced? Not for my building…