It sounds so simple in the email. The reality was far uglier:
- Click qualtrix link in email
- Find phone so you can use duo
- Take photos of front and back of vax card
- Discover your phone has not synced photos to your laptop for 2 months
- Google “iphoto sync problem”
- Discover no one knows how to fix iphoto sync problems, least of all Apple
- Find icloud password, login to icloud
- Copy image of photos to desktop using command shift 4
- Drag photos to qualtrix survey
- Click box affirming you are not lying.
And I was happy to do it. Honest.
Federal Employee Vaccination Requirement To comply with the federal vaccination requirement, UO employees must take additional steps to verify their vaccination or exemption status by December 6. UO employees are required to:
- Submit an online form and either:
- Upload a copy of their vaccination card or
- Complete and upload a medical or religious exemption form
Students who are not employees do not need to complete this process. Learn more on the vaccination webpage.
Instructor Classroom Update: The Corona Corps will now notify instructors if a student in their class tests positive for COVID-19. For privacy reasons, instructors will not be provided the name of students. Instructors should not send out an all-class notification. The Corona Corps will contact all identified close contacts and determine whether an all-class notificaiton is necessary. The UO’s high vaccination rate, mandated masking, and high levels of testing are yielding very low levels of positive tests. UO relies on case investigation and careful contact tracing to identify specific individuals who might be considered close contacts. In a majority of instances, case investiations reveal that a student was not in specific classes during their period of transmissiblity. This makes all-class exposure notifications unnecessary with many classes.
New Self-Test Option for Designated Events: COVID-19 self-tests that have been approved for international travel into the U.S., can now be used for entry to designated events. This includes UO athletic events. The test must meet certain criteria including real time supervision by a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test. Full requirements can be found on the Designated Events page.