Good news update: After googling around and getting some inside info from a helpful JH administrator, I think UO Onward is a worthwhile sounding effort by Development (no consultants) to engage with alumni and donors about something other than Duck sports, with a thin veneer of faculty participation to make it look legit. There seems little danger that President Scholz will suddenly start asking the faculty for input on questions like “Is my administration’s lowball GTFF ultimatum going to make it harder for you to recruit good grad students?” or “What percentage of the Big-10 media loot should I take from Rob Mullens and spend on the academic side?”
10/25/2023: Your chance to waste hours of your time helping our President burn hundreds of thousands of dollars on consultants in pointless “input sessions”. How embarrassing and disappointing:
Dear University of Oregon community members,
I am pleased to invite you to take part in our institutional priority setting process called UO Onward. As we help forge a path for the future, every member of our UO community is encouraged to take part in this effort.
About UO Onward
You are invited to contribute your ideas—goals, strategies, tactics, and indicators of success—toward the development of the university’s strategic action plan.
Through a series of input sessions and an online survey this fall, university community members are encouraged to share perspectives and ideas around cornerstone priorities in:
- Student learning and achievement
- Elevating our outstanding scholarship and service
- Campus belonging
We would like to hear from as many people as possible. Broad participation will result in better ideas and, ideally, lead to greater buy-in for future goals and decision-making. Please take time during the fall term to share your input.
I encourage you to participate in a stakeholder input session, take the online survey, or both. Please plan your involvement by viewing the available input sessions and survey option. Should you want to attend an input session during work time, please work with your supervisor so that schedules can be managed accordingly.
Process and Timeline
UO Onward is taking place over the 2023-24 academic year in four phases:
- Listen (fall term): gather as much input as possible by listening to the UO community in a variety of input sessions and surveys. We seek broad community input to inform the strategic plan.
- Analyze and inform (winter and early spring): compile and analyze work from the sessions and produce the draft plan.
- Review (spring): review the draft plan, seek final comment and input, revise working goals, and present a final draft to the president and Board of Trustees for approval.
- Launch (spring/summer): plan becomes a living document and roadmap for action. Teams and individuals are assigned work toward achieving the goals.
To learn more about the goals, timeline, and input sessions, please visit the UO Onward Strategic Engagement website.
Thank you in advance for participating in this process that will shape the University of Oregon’s future.